Background: This memorial scholarship was created with gifts from the family memory of Henry and Barbara Schroeder, who were active members and supporters of St. Bernadette parish and enjoyed the diverse, lively and engaged community they found at the parish. They valued investment in education as the most “portable investment” that can be made to secure one’s future. Growing up through the depression years, each of them earned their higher education through hard work, family challenges and strong family values. Through this scholarship they sought to pay forward and model what they learned and supported from their family, church and community.
Purpose: This scholarship fund was established by the Schroeder Family to assist college age parishioner(s) from St. Bernadette Parish in Fuquay Varina, NC to attend a two or four year university, college or trade school after high school. This scholarship is established to assist in the expenses associated with tuition, books, supplies (including laptops) and required fees associated with education.
The scholarship endowment fund will award scholarship(s) annually to a Catholic student registered as a member of the St. Bernadette Catholic Parish in Fuquay Varina, NC and desires to attend a university, college, community college or trade school.
Eligibility Criteria: To qualify as a candidate for this scholarship, an individual must meet the following criteria:
- A current or pending high school graduate or rising sophomore / 2nd year student in a university, college or trade school program.
- A registered member of St. Bernadette Catholic parish.
- An enrolled or accepted for enrollment student at an accredited four-year university/college, community college or trade school.
- Full completion of the application process.
Application Process: To quality as a candidate for this scholarship, an individual must complete the following process steps no later than August 20, 2021.
- Download the Schroeder Family Scholarship application form from the St. Bernadette parish website (www.stbnc.net) or request a copy at the parish office.
- Fully complete all application form information.
- Email or personally deliver all completed application information to the St. Bernadette parish office, clearly marked “Schroeder Family Memorial Scholarship Application”, by the application deadline date. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For additional information, contact the St. Bernadette parish office at 919-552-8758.
Award Selection: Selection for scholarship award(s) up to $2,000 for the 2021-2022 education year will be completed no later than September 10, 2021.